ST. GEORGE – From an American Authors concert to an Uprising Paint Fight and a whole lot of fun in between, some just might call it the “best day of my life” after they attend Dixie Fest 2014 to be held at the Ridgetop Complex at the old St. George Municipal Airport Mar. 7 at 6 p.m.
In addition to the concert and paint fight, Dixie Fest will offer BMX biking, break dancers, an aerialist, and much more. The event is sponsored by the Dixie State University Student Association which has been working closely with the City of St. George to plan this unique, outdoor-concert experience.
“This is a one of a kind festival that can’t be found anywhere else in the state,” Jordon Sharp, DSU Director of Student Involvement and Leadership said. “You won’t want to miss it.”
Building on the success of last year’s Macklemore and Ryan Lewis concert, Sharp said the association has partnered with another amazing up-and-coming artist, American Authors.
American Authors, best known for their track “Best Day of My Life” which hit #1 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart, is a Brooklyn-based rock band who has made numerous television appearances and was recently chosen as VH1’s “You Oughta Know” artist for February. The band’s first full-length album, entitled “Oh, What a Life” is set for release on March 4.
Tickets for the show are now available for purchase online for $20, or $15 at the DSU Campus Store for Dixie State students with current DSU ID. Ticket prices will go up the day of the show; advance purchase is recommended.
Event details and contact information
- When: Friday, Mar. 7, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Ridgetop Complex at the old St. George Municipal Airport, 317 S. Donlee Drive, St. George
- Tickets: Available for $20 online or $15 at the DSU Campus Store for Dixie State students with current DSU ID
- City Council listens to details of new veterans group, special events
- City Council: 700 E. becomes University Ave., spring concert planned with profanity ban
- Perspectives: Public profanity is not our link to the ‘real world’
- Macklemore refuses to rainout; spirited fans, sell-out concert; STGnews Photo Gallery
- DJ Marcus Wing, crowd reader and pleaser, opens for Macklemore
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.