HURRICANE – On Jan. 23, the Hurricane Valley Chamber of Commerce held its annual Board of Directors Installation and Community Awards luncheon at the Hurricane City Community Center in Hurricane.
Jeff Hunt of HintonBurdick CPAs & Advisors will step down as president and take the position of past president on the Board. Greg Aldred of StarMax Solar was installed as the 2014 president of the Chamber. Also, Hurricane city mayor John Bramall gave the audience an important update on current city projects and then performed the oath of office for the 2014 Board of Directors as listed:
- Greg Aldred, president, StarMax Solar
- Jeff Hunt, past president, HintonBurdick CPA’s & Advisors
- Ky Hathcock, Southern Utah Title Company
- Lon Allen, Sonny Boy’s Barbecue
- Michelle Eberhard, La Via Medical Institute and Spa
- Keely Wilson, Holiday Inn Express
- Jimmy Ashley, Hurricane Walmart Distribution Center
The Hurricane Valley Chamber of Commerce also recognized those who have made a difference in the community by presenting them with plaques. The 2013 Annual Awards winners are:
- Hurricane High School Student of the Year: Kazden Jolley, sponsored by Hinton Burdick CPA’s and Advisors. Kazden was also presented with a $200 Student of the Year Scholarship.
- DSU Hurricane Education Center Student of the Year: Kimber Hawkins, sponsored by Hurricane Family Pharmacy. Kimber was also presented with a $200 Student of the Year Scholarship.
- Educator of the Year: Jody Rich, Principal, Hurricane High School, sponsored by Dixie State University
- Community Service Award: Joyce Butler, sponsored by IHC – Intermountain Healthcare Hurricane Valley Clinic.
- Business person of the Year: Lon & Jeanne Allen, sponsored by Mountain View Dental.
- Small Business of the Year: Sonny Boy’s Barbecue, sponsored by Walmart Distribution Center.
- Business of the Year: Coral Cliffs Cinema 8, sponsored by State Bank of Southern Utah.
The Hurricane Valley Chamber of Commerce has been serving the Hurricane, La Verkin and Toquerville areas since 1974.
Hurricane Valley Chamber of Commerce: Website HVChamber| address: 63 South 100 West, Hurricane |Telephone 435-635-3402.
- Hurricane the new Moab? City Council supports mountain biking events
- Winter on the Rocks at Sand Mountain, rivaling Moab; STGnews Videocast, Photo Gallery
Email: [email protected]