ST. GEORGE – The second annual Polar Plunge for Special Olympics Utah will be held on Feb. 22 from 10 a.m. to noon at the St. George City Pool. Local law enforcement officers and community sponsors will fill the pool with ice and watch as people in costumes dive into the icy waters – all for a great cause.
The Polar Plunge is a unique opportunity for individuals, organizations, and businesses to support local special needs athletes by jumping into icy cold waters. Plunge participants take a quick dip in the pool to raise funds for Special Olympics Utah.
The Polar Bear Plunge benefits thousands of children and adults in Utah with intellectual disabilities who develop improved physical fitness, motor skills, self-confidence and a more positive self-image as a result of receiving training and competition programs – all at no cost.
Everyone is invited to join and participate by paying a $10 registration fee online by Feb. 20 at the 2014 Polar Plunge – St. George webpage – to take the plunge or sit in the Chicken Coop – and raise or bring a minimum of $40 for adults or $30 for students. Registration after Feb. 20 will be $50 for adults and $40 for students. Everyone registered by Feb. 18 is guaranteed to receive a t-shirt on the day of the event. Sponsorships are also available for as low as $500.
Pancakes, donuts, bagels and coffee will be on hand and individual and team prizes will be awarded for: Best Costumes, Most Money Raised, Prettiest Plunge, and more.
St. George News is excited to have our very own Mori Kessler taking the plunge into the icy waters.
Event details and contact information
- When: Saturday, Feb. 22, from 10 a.m. to noon
- Where: St. George City Pool, 250 East 700 South, St. George
- Registration: Online at 2014 Polar Plunge – St. George webpage
- Cost: The registration fee is $10 and then participants must raise or bring a minimum of $40 for adults or $30 for students – Registration after Feb. 20 will be $50 for adults and $40 for students
- Contact: Victor Meier | Telephone: 801-599-2744 | Email: email@example.com
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.