ST. GEORGE – The Fourth Annual Dixie’s Got Talent grand event will be held Jan. 23, at 7 p.m., at the Dixie State University Cox Auditorium in St. George.
Based on the popular NBC-TV show “America’s Got Talent,” the annual Dixie’s Got Talent showcases the musical talents of both DSU students and residents of Washington County in a number of competitive categories and age divisions.
This year, 24 finalists have been narrowed down from over 100 applicants. Qualifying contestants will compete for top honors in three different age divisions, including, Juniors – ages 14 and under, Young Adults – ages 15-25, and Adult – ages 26 and older, as well as for prizes from a number of community sponsors.
Musicians may perform a cappella or with accompaniment, whether by CD, pianist or other accompaniment. Winners will be chosen by the results of a voting process counted by 50 percent from the audience vote and 50 percent from the judge panel.
The talent show competition will not only benefit the winning finalists, but Dixie State students who rely on scholarships to complete their education, as all proceeds go to the DSU Needs Based Scholarship Fund.
Event details and ticket and contact information
- When: Jan. 23, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Dixie State University, Dixie State University Cox Auditorium
- Cost: $10, $15, & $20
- Tickets can be purchased at the DSU Cox Auditorium Box Office, by calling 435-652-7800 or online at Dixie State Ticket Office
- For more information on the Dixie’s Go Talent contest, visit the Dixie’s Got Talent Facebook Page.
- Audition call: 4th Annual Dixie’s Got Talent
- Dixie’s Got Talent concludes; judges and audience select top 3
- Dixie’s Got Talent selects Battle of the Bands winner
- Dixie’s Got Talent finalists announced
- Dixie’s Got Talent showcases incredible performances
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.