ST. GEORGE – Mayor Jon Pike will carry on the St. George Heritage Days tradition of free root beer floats, Suntran bus rides and swimming at the Sand Hollow Aquatic Center Saturday, as the city celebrates 152 years since its incorporation in 1862.
In addition to these activities and specials, city officials will be celebrating the official grand opening of the St. George Children’s Museum, 86 south Main, following the root beer float party at 2 p.m. The Children’s Museum opened in November and has already had more than 25,000 visitors.
All St. George Heritage Day events and activities are free to the public.
Heritage Day schedule of events, Saturday, Jan. 18:
- Noon to 2 p.m. | Root beer Floats | Enjoy free root beer floats and a variety of cookies with newly elected Mayor Pike and members of the St. George City Council at the St. George Social Hall located behind the St. George Art Museum at 47 East 200 North
- Noon to 6 p.m. | Free Open Swim | Sand Hollow Aquatic Center at 1144 North Lava Flow Drive | Bring the kids and enjoy a free afternoon of indoor swimming and the hydrotube.
- All-day | Free Suntran Rides | Ride Suntran all day at no cost.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. | Free St. George Art Museum Admission | Stop in and tour current art exhibits at the St. George Art Museum at 47 East 200 North
- 2 p.m. | St. George Children’s Museum Grand Opening Celebration and Official Ribbon Cutting | The St. George Children’s Museum at 86 South Main St. has been open since November 2013 but the official ribbon cutting a grand open celebration takes place on Satauarday for St. George Heritage Days
Resources and contact information
- Website: City of St. George
- Telephone: 435-627-4000
- Determination delivers, St. George Children’s Museum opens
- Children’s Museum opens in fall, multiple exhibits come together through community effort
- Ivins Heritage Days: Celebrating history with fun and community spirit
- Hurricane celebrates heritage, joined by Gov. Herbert; STGnews Peach Days photo gallery
- Cotton Days celebrates Washington City heritage with week of fun, games
- Touching history at Swiss Days; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Pioneer reflections: Living your legacy
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.