ST. GEORGE — Those interested in learning better stress management skills are invited to attend a free, three-session workshop presented by local certified hypnotherapist Patricia Kelly, to be held at the Santa Clara Library, Jan. 17, 24 and 31, from 4-5:30 p.m.
“Stress can affect a person’s mental and physical health and well-being in many ways,” Kelly said. “Stress can adversely affect your mind causing problems with your memory, moods and ability to concentrate. It can impact your physical health including risk factors for high blood pressure, lowering your immune system, energy levels, muscle tension and back pain.”
The workshop will include an introduction to stress management which includes the following ten step program developed by Kelly:
Ten steps to stress management
- Tips to reduce stress now
- Time management
- Self expression (music, art)
- Support network
- The things we tell ourselves/self empowerment
Kelly’s husband, retired firefighter Gene Kelly, will speak at the last workshop focusing on exercise and nutrition. Gene Kelly is a master personal trainer with 30 years of experience in teaching fitness. He also instructs an eight week continuing education course at Dixie State University which allows students to become certified as a personal trainer through the National Federation of Professional Trainers.
Kelly said she hopes to continue the workshop on a weekly basis if there is a good response to the workshop.
“I don’t think people realize how many benefits there are to making small changes; the list of benefits is huge, one three minute meditation can change your day,” Kelly said.
Kelly is also a published author of the book on stress management entitled “The Freedom of Contentment,” which is available through Amazon and will soon be in the library system.
Event details and contact information
- When: Jan. 17, 24 and 31, from 4-5:30 p.m.
- Where: Santa Clara Library, 1099 Lava Flow Dr., Santa Clara
- Cost: Free to the public – call or email to register or just show up
- Website: Patricia Kelly | One Life Coaching
- Contact: 435-628-1733 or [email protected]
- Relationship Connection: Holiday marriage stress
- Coping with post-traumatic stress disorder; Dixie Forum
- The Stress of Being Late
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.