HURRICANE — The Hurricane Valley Choir will begin rehearsals for its spring session on Jan. 29, at 7 p.m., in the Hurricane Community Center. All interested singers are invited to participate.
The musical director for this session will be June Jeffery, while Camille McCausland will be the choir director and accompanist.
The choir was created in Oct. 2007 by the Hurricane Valley Arts Alliance to offer the opportunity for area high school and adult singers to participate in a quality community choir. The premier performance was held on Feb. 2, 2008, and was directed by Warren Larsen.
The choir performs a wide variety of choral literature including spirituals, musical theater, sacred music, secular music, jazz and folk. This spring session focuses on American and patriotic music and will end with a concert in May.
Event recap and contact information:
- Qualifications: It is expected that singers should have some basic understanding of music with a desire to learn more.
- Sheet music: Each participant purchases their session’s music for $20, which is available at the rehearsals.
- Rehersal times: Weekly on Wednesdays, from 7-8:30 p.m.
- Location: Hurricane Community Center, 63 S. 100 W., Hurricane.
- Contact: Director Camille McCausland | Email: email@example.com | Telephone: 435-635-4339
- Hurricane Valley Choir honors military, veterans with Armed Forces Day concert
- Hurricane Choir announces Christmas concert
Submitted by: Hurricane Valley Choir