SOUTHERN UTAH – The Utah Division of Arts & Museums and American Express will be co-sponsoring the Southern Utah Committee of Utah Nonprofits Association educational workshop for nonprofits, to be held Jan. 9, from 8 a.m. to noon at the Dixie Applied Technology College in St. George. Deadline for pre-registration reduced fee is Tuesday, public welcome at the door, details provided at the close of this report.
The workshop will focus on nonprofit finance strategies. The session will be led by Morris J. Peacock, managing partner of Hinton Burdick CPAs and Advisors. Peacock will also provide detailed information regarding 990 tax forms and charitable solicitation permits. Specializing in services for not-for-profit and governmental entities, Peacock is a frequent lecturer and presenter at national conferences dealing with not-for-profit accounting, tax and governance issues.
Locally, the nonprofits association provides opportunities for nonprofits to attend training, network and collaborate to help create success and longevity for the many valued services and programs they provide to our community. The association invites the public to join Southern Utah’s association for this exceptional workshop. Staff and board members of nonprofit organizations are encouraged to participate.
Every educational program presented by the association in Southern Utah includes time for practical discussion, networking and the sharing of experiences with nonprofit peers. Workshops focus on nonprofit organizations, but are open to all community members.
About the Utah Nonprofits Association
The Utah Nonprofits Association is the umbrella membership association of nonprofit organizations in Utah. Incorporated in 1990, the nonprofit association was created by, and for, people who strive for a stronger, more professional nonprofit community in Utah. The current membership of the association statewide includes over 650 nonprofit organizations and individual members.
- When: Jan. 9, from 8 a.m. to noon
- Where: Dixie Applied Technology College, 1506 South Silicon Way, Building C-2, St. George
- Cost: Free for Utah Nonprofit Association members and Utah Division of Arts and Museum members with RSVP before Jan. 7 or $25.00 at the door. $30.00 for nonmembers or $35.00 at the door. Continental Breakfast will be served.
- RSVP: Online at www.utahnonprofits.org | Email: Gideon Tolman at firstname.lastname@example.org | Telephone: Tolman 888-596-1801.
- Utah Nonprofits Association offers workshop on strategic marketing
- Mastering the Mechanics of Crowdfunding for the nonprofit sector training event
- Utah Nonprofits Association: ‘Increasing Volunteer Capacity,’ networking events