CEDAR CITY — The first baby born at Cedar City’s Valley View Medical Center this New Year’s day was Costner Reid, born at 12:54 a.m. on New Year’s Day to Craig and Candace Reid of Cedar City.
Baby New Year, Costner, came in a quick delivery for the first-time parents.
“I went to the movies and out to eat last night on New Year’s Eve and noticed the pains were getting stronger,” Candace Reid said, “so I came in to the hospital a little after 10 p.m. and then delivered Costner a little before 1 a.m.”
The healthy baby boy weighs in at 6 pounds, 7 ounces and is 18 inches long. Both mother and son are doing well.
Valley View Medical Center presents the family of Baby New Year with a gift basket of infant items and several gift certificates. Registered nurses Michelle Glover and Brittany Houston were on hand to present this year’s gift basket to the new parents.
About 850 babies were born at Valley View Medical Center in 2013, according to the hospital’s announcement released Wednesday.
- Dixie’s Baby New Year 2014: A big healthy boy
- Over $300,000 raised for Valley View’s cancer center
- Dixie Regional expands with Fairy Garden, Neurosciences; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Child advocate named ‘Woman of the Year’ by Utah Business Women; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Hope Pregnancy Care Center, 7 years and growing: New facility, programs, hundreds of families helped
- Public invited to tour Dixie Regional’s expanded newborn intensive care unit
- Dixie Regional, Valley View cancer centers receive triennial national accreditation
Email: [email protected]