ST. GEORGE – A car became stuck atop landscape boulders decorating the traffic island near the southbound on-ramp of the Dixie Drive-I-15 interchange in St. George.
At around 7:50 p.m. on Thursday, the driver of the car became distracted and lost control of her vehicle, St. George Police Officer Jared Carlson said.
The driver was heading north on Dixie Drive and drifted out of her lane before colliding with the rocks, Carlson said.
“She was just coming back from work,” he said. “She got distracted and looked down for a second.”
Drugs and alcohol were not a factor in the accident, Carlson said. The vehicle was not in drivable condition and it was towed from the scene. The driver of the car was cited for improper lane travel.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by the police and may not contain the full scope of findings.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- Accident on St. George Boulevard’s diverging diamond
- Dixie Drive Interchange at Interstate 15 is open
- St. George to fight distracted driving after local tragedy; STGnews Videocast
- Motorcycle accident on St. George Boulevard sends rider to hospital
- Accidents on St. George Boulevard, 3050 East result in medical transport
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.