ST. GEORGE – Icy roads have been keeping the police busy since Saturday’s heavy snowfall in St. George.
According to a statement, the St. George Police have responded to 46 non-injury traffic accidents since 3 p.m., Saturday.
“Many of these accidents are believed to be related to weather and poor driving conditions,” St. George Sgt. Sam Despain said in the statement.
The severity of these accidents has ranged from very little damage to very significant damage to vehicles and property.
There were two injury accidents over the weekend. In both incidents the occupants sustained minor, non-life-threatening injuries.
Officers also responded to over 20 vehicles that had slid off the road Saturday. To date, most of the major roads throughout St. George are beginning to clear up. However, due to low temperatures most of the residential neighborhoods and side streets are still covered with snow and ice.
“We would ask that motorists drive with extreme caution in these areas where the roads are still very slick,” Despain said.
- News short: Monday road conditions
- Road, highway concerns after the storm, with or without plows
- Gorge closure; people stranded overnight recount experiences
- Sunny day after the snow; STGnews Photo Gallery
- St. George Municipal Airport is open, SkyWest-Delta flights resume operation
- News short: I-15 through Virgin River Gorge is open
- Movement in The Gorge for those in gridlock, closure remains in effect
- Local churches cancel Sunday services, observing public safety warnings
- Breaking News: I-15 through The Gorge completely closed, evacuation plan
- Northbound I-15 through the Gorge is closed, semitrailers stuck
- News short: UHP reopens all SB lanes through Black Ridge, I-15
- Dixie cities not equipped for snow removal, icy roads impassable; avoid driving
- I-15 incidents Millard south through AZ Strip; SB lanes closed on the Black Ridge
- Semitrailer jack-knifes on I-15, lanes blocked
- Snow incidents SR-18; photo gallery
- Minor slide-offs, accidents on I-15, heavy snowfall in the Gorge
- STGnews Photo Gallery: Let it Snow
- Winter Storm Warning: Statewide snow, gusty winds, road alerts
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.