WASHINGTON COUNTY – There will be no “snow day” for Washington County students Monday. It’s back to school as usual despite the countywide public safety alert from Saturday urging people to avoid driving in light of the heavy snow storm and icy conditions impacting the region.
Washington County School District and Dixie State University will be in session.
The school district posted on its website that students who are a little late due to conditions will be excused.
Dixie State University closed the DSU Library inside the Holland Centennial Commons Sunday to clear snow from campus sidewalks and entryways. According to its website, all campus buildings should be opened as scheduled Monday.
- Gorge closure; people stranded overnight recount experiences
- LaVerkin Winter Fest fun persists despite snowfall; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Desert Hills High School track team spends night on I-15 in Virgin River Gorge; STGnews videocast
- Sunny day after the snow; STGnews Photo Gallery
- St. George Municipal Airport is open, SkyWest-Delta flights resume operation
- Movement in The Gorge for those in gridlock, closure remains in effect
- Breaking News: I-15 through The Gorge completely closed, evacuation plan
- Northbound I-15 through the Gorge is closed, semitrailers stuck
- News short: UHP reopens all SB lanes through Black Ridge, I-15
- Dixie cities not equipped for snow removal, icy roads impassable; avoid driving
- I-15 incidents Millard south through AZ Strip; NB lanes closed on the Black Ridge
- Semitrailer jack-knifes on I-15, lanes blockedSnow incidents SR-18; photo gallery
- Snow incidents SR-18; photo gallery
- Minor slide-offs, accidents on I-15, heavy snowfall in the Gorge
- STGnews Photo Gallery: Let it Snow
- Three injured when I-15 accident causes rollover down embankment
- Winter Storm Warning: Statewide snow, gusty winds, road alerts
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.