ST. GEORGE – A three vehicle accident slowed traffic on River Road for nearly an hour Thursday evening. It was the second accident to occur on River Road in the night’s rainstorm.
The accident happened at around 6:35 p.m. when a tan PT Cruiser pulled out of the Wells Fargo Bank parking lot, attempting to turn left onto River Road. The PT Cruiser hit the rear passenger side fender of a black Volkswagen Beetle that was traveling south on River Road. Because of the rainy conditions, a Jeep Wrangler, also driving south on River Road, was unable to avoid the accident.
“A Jeep coming southbound wasn’t able to stop before colliding with the PT Cruiser,” St. George Police Officer Trevor Woolstenhulme said.
Emergency responders examined those involved at the scene, Woolstenhulme said, and nobody appeared to be injured. All three vehicles were towed from the scene and the driver of the PT Cruiser was cited for failure to yield.
- Rainy River Road accident leaves elderly woman stuck in passenger seat
- Riverside Dr. – River Road Intersection; driver runs light, ricochets into wall
- St. George Boulevard-I-15-Exit 8 diverging diamond interchange now open
- Mall Drive bridge project strapped by red tape, City Council considers options
- Driver of car that hit jogger Marva Cutler sentenced
- Three car sandwich on South River Road
- Impaired driver hits brick wall, sustains minor injuries
- Afternoon of traffic accidents
- Truck smashes through daycare wall, narrowly missing pedestrians
- Motorcycle-van collision sends one to hospital
New from STGnews.com
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.