ST. GEORGE — A man was transported to the hospital after two cars collided at the intersection of Bluff Street and Black Ridge Drive (formerly Hilton Drive) Wednesday afternoon. The accident happened at around 12:48 p.m. when the driver of one of the vehicles, a silver Chevy Malibu, allegedly ran a red light and crashed into a white Toyota Corolla.
“The white car was traveling westbound, coming off Main Street and going to Black Ridge,” St. George Police Officer Trevor Woolstenhulme said. The silver Malibu was driving south on Bluff Street when, according to a statement from a witness at the scene, failed to stop for a red light at the intersection.
“The white car presumably had a green light, going westbound across Bluff Street,” Woolstenhulme said. “The silver car allegedly ran the red light, but it’s pending an investigation as to whether he did or he didn’t.”
Officer Woolstenhulme said he could not say conclusively what caused the accident because they had not yet interviewed the driver of the silver Malibu, who had been transported by ambulance to Dixie Regional Medical Center for non-life threatening injuries.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene. No citations were issued at the scene of the accident, Woolstenhulme said, pending further investigation into the cause of the collision.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- St. George Boulevard-I-15-Exit 8 diverging diamond interchange now open
- Mall Drive bridge project strapped by red tape, City Council considers options
- Driver of car that hit jogger Marva Cutler sentenced
- Three car sandwich on South River Road
- Impaired driver hits brick wall, sustains minor injuries
- Afternoon of traffic accidents
- Truck smashes through daycare wall, narrowly missing pedestrians
- Motorcycle-van collision sends one to hospital
New from STGnews.com
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.