SOUTHERN UTAH –The Utah Division of Arts & Museums and American Express will be co-sponsoring the Southern Utah Committee of Utah Nonprofits Association educational workshop for nonprofits, to be held Nov. 25 from 9a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Heritage Center in Cedar City.
The workshop will focus on creating effective, strategic marketing campaigns vital to the nonprofit sector. Participants will learn how to create a plan that fits the needs of each organization’s mission, staff and budget.
Grants and sponsorship from both organizations will provide free training to all Utah Division of Arts & Museums members and all Utah Nonprofits Association members. This is the first time that an educational program such as this has been provided to local nonprofits since the Southern Utah Committee began in August of 2012. Locally, UNA provides opportunities for nonprofits to attend training, network and collaborate to help create success and longevity for the many valued services and programs they provide to our community.
Dawn McLain, co-chair of the Southern Utah Nonprofits Committee, has taught several classes to members of UNA and the Utah Commission on Service and Volunteerism, spearheaded by the lieutenant governor’s office.
The Association invites the public to join Southern Utah’s UNA for this exceptional workshop. Staff and board members of nonprofit organizations are encouraged to participate.
Every Southern Utah UNA educational program includes time for practical discussion, networking and the sharing of experiences with nonprofit peers. Workshops focus on nonprofit organizations, but are open to all community members.
The Utah Nonprofits Association is the umbrella membership association of nonprofit organizations in Utah. Incorporated in 1990, UNA was created by, and for, people who strive for a stronger, more professional nonprofit community in Utah. The current membership of UNA statewide includes over 650 nonprofit organizations and individual members.
- When: Nov. 25, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Where: Heritage Center, 105 N. 100 East, Cedar City
- Shuttle Service: A free shuttle will be available to the first 15 participants traveling from St. George to Cedar City for the workshop. Shuttle Service is provided by Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah. To reserve a shuttle seat, contact Dawn McLain at [email protected] Seats may be reserved after participants RSVP online at: www.utahnonprofits.org or to Gideon Tolman at [email protected] or 1-888-596-1801.
- Cost: Free for UNA Members and Utah Division of Arts and Museum members with RSVP before Nov. 22 or $25.00 at the door. $30.00 for nonmembers or $35.00 at the door. Box Lunch will be served.
- RSVP: Online at www.utahnonprofits.org | Email to Gideon Tolman at [email protected] | Telephone Tolman 888-596-1801.
Email: [email protected]