ST. GEORGE – Dixie State University’s weekly “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World” series crosses the finish line for the 2013 fall semester with a special presentation on the history of the St. George Marathon, as told by local fitness expert and runner Debbie Zockoll. The forum will be held on Tuesday at noon in the Dunford Auditorium of the Browning Resource Center on the DSU campus. The lecture is free and open to the public.
A native of St. George, Zockoll is the only person to have completed all 38 of the St. George Marathons, and has completed more than 220 marathons overall. She has taught first grade for the Washington County School District for 30 years and serves on the WSCD board. Zockoll is also passionate about fitness and is currently employed as a hike guide at Biggest Loser Fitness Ridge in St. George.
Read more about Zockoll in St. George News’ 2012 feature story: 36-time St. George Marathoner: Debbie Zockoll; mother, teacher, runner
The Dixie Forum series will return to its regular weekly schedule for the 2014 spring semester beginning in January.
Event details and contact information
- When: Tuesday, Nov. 19, noon
- Where: Dixie State University campus, Dunford Auditorium of the Browning Resource Center, 225 South 700 East, St. George.
- Contact: John Burns – 435-879-4712 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dixie State Women’s Conference features Elizabeth Smart, Miss Dixie, female community leaders
- Washington County School Board: District 3 candidates on better communication, teacher support
- 36-time St. George Marathoner: Debbie Zockoll; mother, teacher, runner
New from STGnews.com