ST GEORGE – The eighth annual Southern Utah Building Industry Conference starts this Friday, Oct. 25. The conference is open to the public and aims to educate both construction professionals as well as the general public on various construction-related topics.
The conference will highlight 17 seminars aiming to better prepare construction industry professionals to be their best. Courses include topics such as green building, construction marketing, construction law, and jobsite safety. Special guest, Ellen Treanor of Personal Branding Pros will present the keynote address entitled: “Marketing Strategies to Insure Your Future.” The luncheon speakers will be Julie Gerth and Mike Madsen, presenting about workplace safety.
During the conference, Utah contractors can complete all 6 required continuing-education courses in one day. Also, plumbers and electricians may complete up to 8 continuing-education requirements.
Today is the last day to register for the conference. Registration includes breakfast, lunch, and all classes.
Date: Oct. 25, 2013
Time: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: St. George Dixie Center, 1835 Convention Center Drive, St. George, UT 84790
Theme: Sharpen Your Skills to Build a Better Tomorrow
- Washington County home prices rising, real estate recovery
- As housing development begins to boom, bust is remembered
- Albertsons on Bluff Street closes, aging shopping center takes another hit
- 2013 St. George Area Parade of Homes: ’85,000-square feet of Innovation’
- Last day to file claims in national mortgage settlement
- Utah’s property rights ombudsman office launches website; find law, opinions easily on property issues
New from STGnews.com
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.