ST. GEORGE – On Wednesday, Oct. 16, Family Dollar, a value and convenience retailer with over 8,000 stores in 46 states, will celebrate the grand opening of its 11th distribution center in St. George, Utah. The celebration will culminate with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 2:30 p.m. at the new facility on 4815 South River Road.
“Opening our 11th distribution center is an important milestone for us,” said Howard Levine, Family Dollar’s chairman and CEO. “This facility is ideally located to support our growth in the West, helping us keep our stores well-stocked as we continue to provide customers in this region with great value and convenience.”
Utah Gov. Gary Herbert was similarly pleased about the new distribution center. “The State of Utah is proud to welcome Family Dollar’s world-class facility in St. George. Their distribution center will be staffed by Utah’s highly productive workforce and provide hundreds of jobs for southern Utah residents.”
Family Dollar’s distribution center was built by The Conlan Company. The company has partnered with Family Dollar in building distribution centers in Marianna, Fla,, Rome, N.Y., and Ashley, Ind.
Distribution center facts
- The distribution center measures 817,000 square feet.
- Approximately 400 Team Members will work at the facility.
- The facility will service up to 800 stores.
- At full-capacity, the facility will ship 40 million cases annually.
Grand opening details
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 16, at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: 4815 South River Road, St. George, Utah
- In Attendance: Howard Levine; Family Dollar Executive Vice President of Supply Chain, Jeff Macak; Executive Director of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Spencer Eccles; the Mayor of St. George, Daniel McArthur and various city and government officials
- Events: Family Dollar will make a donation to the Utah Food Bank
- Website: FamilyDollar.com | Facebook | Twitter – @myfamilydollar.
- Family Dollar: 120 hired, 100 to go for ‘first shift’ staffing
- Family Dollar Distribution Center on schedule, accepting applications; STGnews videocast
- Family Dollar to build $80 million distribution center in St. George
Submitted by: Family Dollar