ST. GEORGE – Dixie State University President Dr. Stephen D. Nadauld has once again issued his challenge to the university and local community to try and beat him to the finish line at DSU’s sixth annual President’s 5K Fun Run/Walk this Saturday at Hansen Stadium.
The event is free to enter and will begin at 8 a.m. The five-kilometer course will start and finish at Hansen Stadium, weaving around and through the DSU campus. As an added incentive, all participants who beat President Nadauld to the finish line will receive a voucher good for 25 percent off any apparel or novelty purchase at the DSU Campus Store. It will also serve as the kick-off for Dixie State’s Hall of Fame Weekend.
Following the run, at noon, DSU Athletics will induct five new members into its Hall of Fame in a ceremony held at the Gardner Center Ballroom.
The 2013 inductees include:
- Dave Rose, former DSU two-sport star and men’s basketball coach
- Linda Huddleston, former DSU women’s soccer coach
- Ken Jolley, longtime DSU official scorer and timekeeper
- The 1963 Dixie College Football Team, the only team in DSU’s history to record a perfect undefeated season
For tickets and more information on the DSU Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony, please contact Derek Dawes at 435-879-4295.
Early registration is encouraged, as the first 250 entrants will receive a free race t-shirt, though entries will be accepted on race day. Check-in and late registration will begin at 7 a.m.
For more information on the 5K run, please contact the DSU Campus Recreation Office at 435-652-7988.
Registration forms for the President’s Fun Run/Walk are available at the DSU campus and online.
- Time: Check-in and late registration starts at 7 a.m., the walk/run starts at 8 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 14
- Where: Hansen Stadium, 225 South 700 East, St. George
- Cost: Free
Submitted by: Dixie State University