PAROWAN – “Cowboy boots and Iron County Roots” is the theme of this year’s Iron County Fair, kicking into full swing this Labor Day Weekend in Parowan.
The fair will include the Midway West Carnival, open Thursday through Monday, exhibits and concessions, rodeos nightly Thursday through Saturday and Bull Wars on Monday, a tractor caravan and tractor show, Saturday night dance, and the expected fair fare of exhibits, contests, concessions and entertainment.
Culminating on Labor Day Monday, country residents and visitors will enjoy a Cowboy Boots and Iron County Roots parade, fun run, car show, and horseshoe tournament, in addition to the last day of the carnival, exhibits and entertainment.
Following is the Fair’s posted schedule of events, Thursday through Monday:
- Enter crops, flowers 7-10 a.m.
- Exhibit judging starts at 11 a.m.
- Carnival opens: 4 p.m.
- Little Buckaroo Junior Rodeo, Grandstands: 6 p.m. ($5 adults, $3 children and seniors, 65+)
- Exhibits: Noon to 10 p.m.
- Concessions: 3 p.m. to midnight
- Carnival: 4 p.m. to midnight
- Scales & Tails Utah Reptile Exhibit: 4-7 p.m.
- Entertainment Tent: 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Contest Tent: 5 p.m.
- Broken Heart Rodeo, Grandstands: 7 p.m. ($6 adults, $5 students, $3 children and seniors, 65+)
- Dance, Entertainment tent: 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. (music by Muddy Boots)
- Tractor Caravan, Cedar City to Parowan, through the Gap: 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Registration, entry fee $15 single tractor, $25 multiple tractors)
- Tractor Show, Parowan Lion’s Park: 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cedar City Radio Control Club Flight Demonstration, Valentine Peak Complex, 10 a.m.
- Baby Contest, Entertainment Tent: 10 a.m. with sign up at 9:30 a.m.
- Exhibits: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Carnival & Concessions: 10 a.m. to midnight
- Entertainment Tent: Noon to 7 p.m.
- Contest Tent, opens: 11 a.m.
- Ranch Rodeo: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Scales & Tails Utah Reptile Exhibit: Noon to 6 p.m; show at 2 p.m.
- Broken Heart Rodeo, Grandstands: 7 p.m. ($6 adults, $3 children and seniors, 65+); advance ticketholders may enter at 5:30 p.m., no seat saving after 6:30 p.m.
- Fireworks, following the rodeo
- Dance, Entertainment Tent: 9 p.m. after the rodeo (music by Most Wanted)
- Exhibits, Carnival, Concessions: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Tractor Show, Parowan Lion’s Park: All day
- Sunday Evening Program, Parowan High School Auditorium: 7 p.m. (Free)
- 5K Fun Run, South Pole of Fair Grounds: 8 a.m; Walk & Run 8:30 a.m. (Online registration, $15 / High School cross-country team members $10)
- Bike Run, Valentine Peak Complex: 8 a.m.
- Car Show, Parowan Lions Park, Lion’s Park, 200 S 300 East: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free registration breakfast 7-9 a.m. (Entry registration, $20)
- Parade, Parowan Center Street: 10 a.m. THEME: Cowboy Boots & Iron County Roots, featuring the Webster Family as Grand Marshal in honor of the late Dan Webster. Note: Parade route has changed this year – see new route here.
- Horseshoe tournament: 10 a.m., association members; noon, amateurs
- Scales & Tails Utah Reptile Exhibit: Noon to 6 p.m; shows 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Entertainment Tent: Noon to 8 p.m.
- Tractor Show, Parowan Lion’s Park, noon to 3 pm
- Bull Wars, Grandstand: 2 p.m. ($6 adults, $3 children and seniors, 65+)
- Carnival: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Concessions: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Iron County Fair website | Telephone 435-477-8380 |
Midway West Carnival, information and ticket options
- Hurricane Peach Days, a peachy Southern Utah tradition – Aug. 30-31
- Law agencies prep, keep watch, as outlaw biker club rides in for holiday weekend
- 15th annual Western Legends Roundup brings out stars of yesteryear; STGnews Videocast and Photo Gallery
- At the Utah Shakespeare Festival, the renaissance world is more than a stage: STGnews Videocast
- STGnews LifeCYCLE: Two-wheeled trials, travels, triathlons; Southern Utah coming events
- STGnews RUNdown: Run, walk, race, all in one place
- Enterprise Rodeo’s raring crowds, royalty, 8-second bull ride; STGnews Photo Gallery
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.