SOUTHERN UTAH – U.S. Congressman Chris Stewart, serving the residents of the 2nd Congressional District of Utah, will be holding Town Hall meetings today in Panguitch and Kanab, and tomorrow in St. George and Cedar City. The congressman has invited residents to meet and share opinions and concerns with him directly.
Tonight, a town hall meeting will be held in Panguitch at the Garfield County Building at 5 p.m. and in Kanab at the District Court Room at 8 p.m.
Tomorrow, a town hall meeting will be held in St. George at Dixie High School at 5:30 p.m. and in Cedar City at the Southern Utah University Alumni House at 8 p.m.
Among the issues anticipated to be raised is immigration. Both pro and anti-legalization forces in the immigration fight will be trying to make their cases to House members during this August recess.
“Pro-amnesty protesters have been showing up at these Town Halls across the country,” Dixie Republican Forum Chair Larry Meyers said in a statement released regarding the St. George meeting, “and we need to counter that by letting Rep. Stewart know that we support border enforcement and oppose amnesty for illegal aliens.”
Democrats also plan to attend these town hall meetings in order to “let him (Stewart) know that not everyone agrees with him!” according to the Washington County Democrat Party of Utah website.
The series of town hall meetings with Congressman Stewart have been scheduled throughout Southern Utah this week. Beginning tonight in Kanab and concluding tomorrow evening in Cedar City, local residents will have an opportunity to meet and listen to their elected official in Washington, as well as to share opinions and concerns with him directly.
- What: Garfield County Town Hall meeting, Aug. 27, 5 p.m.
- Where: Garfield County Building, 55 South Main Street, Panguitch
- What: Kane County Town Hall meeting, Aug. 27, 8 p.m.
- Where: District Court Room, 76 North Main Street, Kanab
- What: St. George Town Hall meeting, Aug. 28, 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Dixie High School, 350 East 700 South, St. George.
- What: Cedar City Town Hall meeting, Aug. 28, 8 p.m.
- Where: SUU Alumni House, 351 West University Blvd., Cedar City
Email: [email protected]