WASHINGTON COUNTY – Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah is seeking families to partner with for its next homes. Families are chosen on their ability to make payments on a nonprofit, noninterest mortgage and their willingness to be active partners with Habitat for Humanity and the community. Interested applicants must attend one of two meetings scheduled for the coming week.
The mandatory application meetings will be held at 6 p.m. on Aug. 13 and 10 a.m. on Aug. 17 at the Five County Association of Governments building, located at 1070 West 1600 South Building B in St. George. Families will only be to apply for the home program by attending.
Through the use of volunteer labor and donations of money and material from the community, Habitat for Humanity is able to provide low-income families in Washington County an affordable place to live. Selected families invest hundreds of “sweat equity” hours into the construction of the homes and make regular mortgage payments. The program offers deserving families an opportunity to improve their lives. The primary goal of Habitat for Humanity is to provide affordable housing for a low-income family that is decent, safe, and easy to maintain.
Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah is an independently organized local affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International that serves Washington County. Incorporated in 1998, it has built eighteen homes to date, providing decent, affordable shelter for 88 people in the area. The international group is a nonprofit housing organization and non-denominational Christian ministry that builds modest, affordable homes in partnership with communities and qualifying home buyers in need.
Event recap and contact information
- What: Habitat for Humanity homeowner application meetings
- When: 6 p.m., Aug. 13 and 10 a.m., Aug. 17
- Where: Five County Association of Governments, 1070 West 1600 South Bldg. B, St. George
- Contact: Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah, phone: 435-674-7669, email: email@example.com, website: www.habitatswu.org
Submitted by: Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah
- Cross-country cyclists stop in St. George to renovate homes with Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity invites applicants for 2013 homes
- Habitat for Humanity’s St. George home dedicated for a mom and her 6-year-old by Christmas
- Needed home repairs provided by Habitat for Humanity, Bike & Build riders