ST. GEORGE – The National Weather Service has issued a “Fire Weather Watch,” which will be in effect from Monday afternoon through Monday evening, due to wind and relative low humidity.
Affected area: Fire Weather Zone 497 Mojave Desert (see map insert).
Winds: Southwest 15-25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
Relative Humidity: As low as 8 percent.
Impacts: The combination of strong winds and low relative humidity will create hazardous fire weather conditions where fuels are critically dry.
Precautionary / preparedness actions: A fire weather watch means that there is a potential for critical fire weather conditions.
- Summer fire safety; prevention, awareness benefit communities
- Gunlock hopes to unlock funding for new firehouse
- Officials urge residents to prepare for upcoming fire season
- Multiple agencies take part in wildland-urban interface firefighting training
- Fire mitigation efforts save homes
- Human Attention Means Fire Prevention: Tips to Stop Human-Caused Fires
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.