ST. GEORGE – A Washington woman was arrested Thursday morning on multiple counts of drug distribution involving methamphetamine.
Capt. Kyle Whitehead, of the St. George Police, said an investigator for the Washington County Drug Task Force stopped a vehicle early Thursday morning in which the 30-year-old woman was a passenger.
She was arrested for the distribution of methamphetamine based on probable cause from previous investigations of the task force. Drug-related paraphernalia was also discovered on the woman’s person following the arrest.
The investigation led the task force to a motel at which the woman had been staying. Officers searched the woman’s motel room after obtaining a search warrant. The search uncovered approximately 2.5 ounces of a white crystalline substance suspected of being methamphetamine as well as other items associated with the distribution of controlled substances.
The woman was booked into the Washington County Purgatory facility for:
- Five counts of first degree felony distribution of methamphetamine
- One count of second degree felony simple possession of methamphetamine
- One count of second degree felony possession of methamphetamine with the intent to distribute,
- One class A misdemeanor possession of marijuana
- Two class B misdemeanor counts of possession of drug paraphernalia
Bail currently stands at $68,761.
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.