SOUTHERN UTAH – The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has extended its winter weather advisory issued Saturday morning for snow, now extended and in effect until noon on Sunday.
• Affected area: The Sanpete and Sevier valleys, southwest Utah and the southern mountains, including the cities of Manti, Richfield, Beaver, Cedar City, Milford, Loa, Panguitch, and Bryce Canyon.
• Snow accumulations: Storm totals through Sunday morning of 1 to 4 inches in the valleys and 5 to 10 inches in the mountains.
• Timing: Accumulating snow showers, some heavy, will continue into Sunday morning before tapering off.
• Winds: Gusty north winds are expected which will result in blowing and drifting of new snow.
• Impacts: Winter driving conditions can be expected through Sunday morning along all area roadways including Interstate 15 and Interstate 70 and U.S. Highway 89.
• Precautionary/preparedness actions: A winter weather advisory means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling especially in open areas.
For winter road conditions from the Utah Department of Transportation: