SOUTHERN UTAH – The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a winter weather advisory for snow and blowing snow, which is in effect from 4 a.m. Saturday to midnight MST Saturday night.
• Affected area: The Sanpete and Sevier valleys, southwest Utah and the southern mountains, including the cities of Manti, Richfield, Beaver, Cedar City, Milford, Loa, Panguitch, and Bryce Canyon.
• Snow accumulations: Storm totals through Saturday evening of 1 to 4 inches in the valleys and 5 to 10 inches in the mountains.
• Timing: Snow is expected to develop late Saturday morning then continue into the afternoon before tapering off.
• Winds: Northwest winds gusting in excess of 45 mph are expected late Saturday morning through Saturday afternoon which will result in considerable blowing and drifting of new snow.
• Impacts: Winter driving conditions can be expected Saturday through Saturday evening along all area roadways including i-15 and i-70.
• Precautionary/preparedness actions: A winter weather advisory means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling especially in open areas.
For winter road conditions from the Utah Department of Transportation: