ZION NATIONAL PARK – Zion National Park Foundation will host 25 artists for a week of creativity and inspiration in Zion National Park, this Sunday through next Sunday, Nov. 4-12. The artists will be painting at several locations throughout the park as well as holding demonstrations on the back porch of Zion’s Human History Museum. There will also be several lectures and chances for visitors to purchase pieces of art.
• The artists will be painting throughout the park Monday through Friday.
• Visitors can watch the “Quick Draw” – the artists will have 1.5 hours to complete a painting from scratch – on the Zion Lodge Lawn Saturday from 1 p.m.
• Artists will be leading demonstrations at 11 a.m., 12, 1 and 2 p.m. at the Human History Museum on Monday through Friday; and again on Sunday.
• Evening lectures will take place at the Zion Lodge Auditorium on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 7 p.m.
• Art from the 25 artists will be on display and available for purchase all week at the Zion Human History Museum and the LaFave Gallery in Springdale.
• A “Wet Paint” exhibit and sale will be held at the Zion Nature Center Saturday through Monday.
• A silent auction will take place at the Zion Lodge on Saturday followed by the “Quick Draw” auction at 3:00 p.m.
Proceeds from the event support Zion National Park’s art and educational programming. The Zion National Park Foundation is the Zion’s official fundraising partner. “In the Footsteps of Thomas Moran” has become the Foundation’s largest fundraising event.
Email: [email protected]