UPDATE 11:49 p.m. Including at close report from a neighbor.
HURRICANE – A house fire broke out sometime before 9:30 p.m. Saturday in the area of 1100 West and 3000 South in Hurricane.
County dispatcher, Whitney, said at 10:20 p.m. that reports indicate the home is fully engulfed. Hurricane City Fire Department and Leeds Fire Department are battling the fire.
Dispatch said that no call for medical transport has been made and she is unaware of any injuries at this time.
Fire investigation will ensue as the fire is extinguished.
Amber Farmer is one of St. George News Facebook subscribers. She posted in Facebook threads:
“I live two doors down. The family was out to dinner. They are all okay, including their dog. They are staying at my house tonight. The fire dept is still there with the big floodlight. But most trucks have left. No they did not get the fire out before the wind was gusting 50 mph. But fortunately no other fires sparked. I can’t believe how long it took them to get any water on it. Not very impressed. I know we are county, but I don’t think that’s a good excuse.
“There’s a ladder truck with a spotlight on the house. 50+ mph wind. Command center still working. Garage is 100% destroyed. Some kitchen and master bedroom destroyed. Living and kids bedrooms seem okay- some smoke damage. Per fire department.
“Their mini van and five dirt bikes were in the garage. They have 4 kids, one is 7 months old.”
Ed. Note: Featured photo is generic, it is not related to the fire incident subject to this story.
Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2012 St. George News.