SOUTHERN UTAH – A wind advisory is in effect for Friday and Saturday in much of Utah, including Southwest Utah, Utah’s Dixie, and Zion National Park. The high winds will be created by a Pacific storm moving into the western Great Basin.
People in Southern Utah can expect:
• A dramatic increase in winds on Friday
• Strong and gusty southerly winds during Friday midday and afternoon
• Wind gusts of over 50 mph on Saturday afternoon
• Strong crosswinds, especially on east-west oriented roadways
• Possible areas of blowing dust
• Possible isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, though these are more likely in northern and western Utah
Conditions are expected to improve by Sunday morning across a majority of the affected area.
People planning outdoor activities for the Memorial Day weekend should watch the weather forecast as the storm approaches the area. Be careful out there – and mind your creatures.
Readers can view a seven day weather forecast for St. George here.