ST. GEORGE – Join Red Mountain Spa for World Yoga Day to benefit the DOVE Center.
Eight hours of yoga classes will be held at Red Mountain Spa from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, April 28. There will be different instructors throughout the day. A portion of the proceeds will go to The DOVE Center, an organization dedicated to bringing hope to the lives of victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
“We invite our community to join us and experience Red Mountain’s professional instructors during this day of peace and positive energy dedicated towards healing those who are the victims of domestic violence,” said Tracey Welsh, the spa’s general manager
The cost for the day is $45 which includes all seven of the yoga classes listed below plus a healthy and delicious buffet lunch at Canyon Breeze Restaurant. Individual classes can be purchased for $10 each.
• Intro to Meditation with Ian Phillip White: Ian will get participants started in meditation by offering a few simple basic techniques to cultivate a calm, focused mind.
• Active Yoga with Ian Phillip White: A complete practice of sun salutations, active standing and balancing postures, floor poses and guided meditation. Previous yoga experience recommended.
• Gentle Yoga with Ian Phillip White: Practicing gentle postures in a safe environment, people will learn to cultivate mental, physical and emotional balance.
• Kundalini Yoga & Meditation with Rebecca Dalley: Kundalini yoga uses breath, mantra, yogic postures and meditation to help maintain a healthy spine and strengthen the nervous and glandular systems. This class can help one become aware of much more than just the strength of the body as it also helps facilitate physical, emotional and spiritual change.
• Hip Openers Yoga with Rebecca Dalley: Explore a variety of ways to release hips and groin, to strengthen and lengthen the hip flexors, increase circulation in the pelvic area and ease back pain. The yoga poses covered will prepare you for increased range of motion in sitting, standing and supine yoga practice and for everyday life.
• Yama, Niyama & Asana with Enilse: Explore the outer practices — the first three limbs of the ashtanga (eight-limbed) path of yoga. Yoga poses including standing, balancing, simple inversions and sitting poses will be taught while considering how to apply the Yamas and Niymas in the practice and in daily life off the mat.
• Gentle Yoga with Randi Jo Taurel: Practicing gentle postures in a safe environment, attendees will learn to cultivate mental, physical and emotional balance.
For questions or to reserve a spot in any of the World Yoga Day classes, contact Wellness Coordinator Katrina Falor at 435.652.5716 or Fitness Manager Kim Watters at