ST. GEORGE – The United States Attorney’s Office added 11 more defendants today to a federal case involving the July 16 marijuana raid in the Veyo area.
Melodie Rydalch, Public Information Officer for the U.S. Attorney’s Office, said a superseding indictment was returned today, adding the 11 defendants to the 21 who were first indicted.
The defendants are charged with conspiracy, manufacturing a controlled substance by cultivation and possession of a firearm during and in relation to a drug trafficking crime.
Rydalch said one defendant is also being charged with a 2010 marijuana grow that carries a sentence of up to life with a 10-year mandatory minimum. Four defendants are also being charged with re-entry of a previously removed alien with a sentence of 2 to 20 years.
The defendants added to the indictment today include Huber Avalos-Segundo, age 18; Ramiro Jose-Quiroz, age 20; Felix Rojas-Ramirez, age 30; Lorenzo Villasenor-Aguilar; Alfredo Lozano-Benitez, age 40; Rodrigo Arellano-Gurrola, age 30; Eduardo Gonzalez-Dias, age 25; Paulino Hernandez-Brito, age 34; Alfonso Perez-Serratio, age 30;Jorge Soto-Ceballos, age 47; and Eustolio Soto-Ortiz, age 20. All have Mexican citizenship.
* Persons accused are presumed innocent unless found guilty in a court of law.
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2011, all rights reserved.