ST. GEORGE – Keeping in touch and up to date with the latest happenings at Dixie State College of Utah just got a bit easier. DSC launched its first mobile device application for use with any Apple mobile device, including the iPhone, iPad or iTouch, and the Android.
The free mobile app will provide current Dixie State students, prospective students, alumni, faculty and staff, and athletic fans access to the latest news, events, academic program information, videos, sports scores and other campus information.
“With the launch of the Dixie State mobile application, Dixie has taken another step to lead out in providing students with cutting edge technology tools,” said Stan Plewe, DSC Vice President of Administrative Services. “One button access from any iPhone, iPad, iTouch, or Android device gives students the quickest possible link to everything Dixie.”
Key app features include the latest:
· Campus news, events and activities
· Admission information and checklist for prospective students
· DSC Athletics scores, schedules, news and updates
· Interactive campus map to find buildings
· Campus directory listings DSC for faculty and staff
· References and links for academics, course schedules, Browning Library, auxiliary services, and the history of Dixie State College
· Facebook, Twitter and other social media updates and links
· YouTube videos and photos
· Link to the DSC Bookstore
· DSC Fight Song
· Weather forecast
Dixie State developed the mobile app with Straxis Technology, a full-service technology company based in Tulsa, Okla., www.straxis.com. Straxis Technology has also developed mobile apps for the University of Utah, Arizona State University, Boston College, Grand Canyon University, St. John’s University, University of Kansas, University of Nebraska, the United States Air Force Academy, the United States Military Academy at West Point, and Vanderbilt University, among others.
The official Dixie State College app is available to download for free on your mobile device browser at www.dixie.edu/phoneapp, or in the online Apple iTunes Store or Android Market.