Teen Taken to Hospital after Overdosing on Spice


ST. GEORGE – An 18-year-old male was taken to Dixie Regional Medical Center after accidentally overdosing on Spice.

Officer Johnny Heppler said officers were called to Canyon View and Plantation Drive on Monday where three adults were consuming spice. The teen was also drinking alcohol, he said.

Heppler said the three adults were issued citations for possession of spice, a Class B Misdemeanor, and the 18-year-old was issued a citation for minor consuming.

Email [email protected]

Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2011, all rights reserved.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!


  • Cameron June 10, 2013 at 6:18 am

    Your a … idot if you believe that a teen overfished in spice I smoke spice everyday of my life so you guys are just a joke … st George Utah you guys are stupid if your scarded go to church

    Ed. ellipsis

  • Mary June 10, 2013 at 7:45 am

    Not much information to go off of, do we know if he was ill? Was he throwing up or complaining of head pain? How do they know it was spice rather than just a drunk kid?

    Not to say that spice isn’t harmful but we shouldn’t assume it was one or the other since we don’t even know what was wrong.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.