I-15, Black Ridge to the Iron County Line
Contract: W.W. Clyde & Co.
Location: Between the Toquerville and New Harmony exits.
* Workers continue laying conduit on the northbound shoulder as part of an advanced traffic management system from mileposts 27 to 31.
* Heavy equipment operators are excavating the median and shoulders adjacent to northbound lanes at mileposts 34 through 38. Guardrail installation continues through this same stretch along the southbound lanes.
* Workers are also assembling forms for the widening of the Exit 36 structure and constructing a retaining wall near Ash Creek.
* From milepost 34 to 46 the contractor is installing new fence west of the interstate and extending culverts east of the interstate along with construction of catch basins.
*Delays of up to 15 minutes are possible in the event of blasting.
*The northbound lane shifts to the right at approximately milepost 33.
*Expect single lane closures and reduced speeds in the southbound lanes Monday through Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. as workers install guardrail.
I-15, Dixie Drive Interchange
Contract: Washington County Constructors
Location: St. George (Mileposts 5 – 6)
* Workers are now constructing columns for the new northbound lanes and continuing structural work for the Dixie Drive bridge over I-15.
* Workers are tying rebar for ongoing formation of a large dual-function box culvert to carry drainage and to connect pedestrians and cyclists from the Hilton Drive Trail to the Dixie Drive and Virgin River Trails. The roof of this structure will be poured this week.
* Excavation and soil stabilization efforts are ongoing.
* Two lanes of traffic remain open in both directions.
* All exits are open.
* Speed is reduced to 55 m.p.h.
* Northbound traffic has been shifted to the southbound side of the interstate near the Santa Clara bridge.
* Motorists should use caution near the Bluff Street Interchange merge lanes.
* Traffic lanes have been shifted on Hilton Drive.
S.R. 9, 300 West To 800 North Hurricane
Contract: Interstate Rock Products
Location: Hurricane City State Street
* Workers are building island medians and working on associated landscaping and enhancements.
* Retention walls are being constructed in select locations.
* Final pavement will be laid in the spring.
From 100 East to 800 North, traffic runs one lane on each side of the road, leaving the inside lanes closed to accommodate work on the center islands.