ST. GEORGE — “Once upon a time, there was a little ogre named Shrek ….”
And thus begins the tale of an unlikely hero who finds himself on a life-changing journey alongside a wisecracking donkey and a feisty princess who resists her rescue.
Throw in a short-tempered bad guy, a cookie with an attitude and over a dozen other fairy tale misfits, and you’ve got the kind of mess that calls for a real hero.
Luckily, there’s one on hand… and his name is Shrek.
The Dixie High School Arts Department’s production for the fall is the family favorite, “Shrek The Musical,” under the direction of new theater instructor Joshua Scott.
Based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film, Shrek brings all the beloved characters you know from the film to life on stage and proves there’s more to the story than meets the ears.
According to a Dixie High press release, for the past 15 years, Scott has been a part of all of the wonderful productions at Dixie State University. Scott said he is very happy to be able to spread his branches a little further and work with the talented students of Dixie High School.
Performances are scheduled tonight (Friday, Nov. 4), Saturday, Nov. 5, and Monday, Nov. 7, at 7:30 p.m. in the Dixie High School Performing Arts Auditorium.
- What: “Shrek The Musical,” performed by the Dixie High School Art’s Department.
- When: Friday, Nov. 4, Saturday, Nov. 5, and Monday, Nov. 7, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Dixie High School, 350 E. 700 South, St. George, in the Performing Arts Auditorium.
- Cost: Adults, $10; students/seniors, $9; children under 12, $8.
- Tickets : available online at showtix4u.com or at the door.