SOUTHERN UTAH — The U.S. Forest Service in Arizona and agencies in Southern Nevada are searching for people to fill a variety of positions related to firefighting.
Forest Service Southwestern Region
Individuals interested in applying for jobs in the Kaibab National Forest, including positions in the North Kaibab and Williams ranger districts, may apply online through Dec. 1.
for fire positions, including the North Kaibab and Williams ranger districts, among others, for firefighting in the national forests of the U.S. Forest Service Southwestern Region.
The service has three vacant positions for Kaibab National Forest that will be filled during its “Fire Hire” event, with more positions possibly becoming available.
Current positions open for Kaibab include:
North Kaibab Ranger District
- Position: Fire Engine Operator | Target Grade GS-7 | Location: Jacob Lake, Arizona | Announcement No. 16-FIRESPRINGFEO(H)-7G
- Contacts: Ed Hiatt, telephone 928-643-8101 | Dave Gesser, telephone 928-643-8151
Williams Ranger District,
- Position: Fire Engine Operator | Target Grade GS-7 | Location:Williams, Arizona | Announcement No. 16-FIRESPRINGFEO(H)-7G
- Position:Supervisory Forestry Technician (Handcrew) | Target GradeGS-7/8 | Location:Williams, Arizona | Announcement No.16-FIRESPRINGHCREW(H)-78G
- Contacts: James Pettit, telephone 928-635-5650 | Mike Uebel, 928-635-5652
For application process and instructions, timeline and other positions available in the Forest Services’ southwestern region see: USFS-Southwest Region Fire Hire Outreach Notice November 2015
The Mesquite Fire and Rescue Department is participating with other area fire departments in Southern Nevada including Clark County, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Mount Charleston and Pahrump fire departments to launch a recruitment drive for men and women interested in careers as firefighters.
Mesquite Fire and Rescue Chief Kash Christopher said:
Mesquite provides a unique opportunity for new recruits. In other areas, fire, rescue, haz-mat, EMS and special operations are handled on a multi-jurisdictional level. In Mesquite, firefighters get exposure to all of these areas. … Since Mesquite borders Arizona, we also have the advantage of working and training with our counterparts across the state line.
Individuals can attend one of seven community outreach sessions held from Nov. 15 to Dec. 5, or find resources, information and applications online. Applications will be accepted online for entry-level firefighters from Dec. 8-22.
At the outreach sessions interested applicants will learn how to apply and about the testing, qualification and recruitment process. The sessions are:
- Nov. 16, 2:30-4:30 p.m. | West Flamingo Senior Center, 6255 W. Flamingo, Las Vegas
- Nov. 18, 6-8 p.m. | Clark County Government Center, Commission Chambers, 500 South Grand Central Parkway, Las Vegas
- Nov. 20, 5-7 p.m. | Hollywood Recreation Center, 1650 S. Hollywood, Las Vegas
- Nov. 21, 2:30-4:30 p.m. | Silver Mesa Recreation Center, 4025 Allen Lane, North Las Vegas
- Dec. 1, 2-4 p.m. | Mountain Crest Community Center, 4701 N. Durango, Las Vegas
- Dec. 2, 4:30-6:30 p.m. | Henderson Fire Training Center, 401 Parkson Rd, Henderson
- Dec. 5, 2-4 p.m. | Desert Breeze Recreation Center, 8275 Spring Mountain Rd., Las Vegas
The Nov. 18 outreach session can be viewed live on the agenda page of Clark County’s website or online the following day for those unable to attend the outreach sessions.