MESQUITE, Nevada – Mesquite CERT – Community Emergency Response Team – is launching a Smoke Detector Battery Change Program starting September. In keeping with CERT’s mission to prepare individuals, neighbors and the community for disasters, CERT volunteers will help residents, free of charge, to maintain a working smoke detector.
In keeping with the CERT mission, two CERT volunteers will schedule with a resident to change the batteries in the smoke detectors.
September dates are:
Saturday, September 20, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or
Wednesday, September 24, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Smoke detector battery change highlights:
- Resident must be 18 years of age and have legal access to home
- Resident must be present and sign waiver
- Resident is to provide 9 volt battery
- Smoke detector height cannot exceed 12 feet
- 2 CERT volunteers will provide service
- Service is free of charge
Residents can call Melissa at telephone 702-884-3753 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.