ST. GEORGE — If your only exposure to the World Trade Center is the cluster of buildings in New York, then you will want to attend the St. George Chamber of Commerce “Chamber Connect” luncheon Wednesday at the Hilton Garden Inn.
The featured speaker will be Derek Miller, president and CEO of World Trade Center Utah, an organization dedicated to helping Utah companies “think, act, and succeed globally.”
WTC Utah is a member of the World Trade Centers Association headquartered in New York City, a network of more than 300 WTC’s in 100 countries around the world with the mission to facilitate prosperity through trade and investment.
WTC’s mission is to guide Utah companies into profitable global markets. WTC Utah builds Utah’s international community by offering signature services, including:
- Assessment of a company’s current global position or international strategy.
- Education in the form of seminars and workshops to help develop global strategy.
- Connections through the World Trade Center network and co-hosted local events to help in executing global strategy.
Prior to his current position, Miller served as chief of staff to Gov. Gary R. Herbert, overseeing the Governor’s Office, the Governor’s Cabinet and state operations. Miller has also served as managing director of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, where he was responsible for recruiting new businesses to the state and helping existing Utah businesses to expand.
Before moving back to his home state of Utah, Miller worked in Washington D.C. for the U.S. House of Representatives as legal counsel and for Arthur Andersen as a management consultant. He is a graduate of the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University also holds a Master of Public Administration from the University’s Romney Institute of Public Management.
The Chamber Connect luncheon is $15 for chamber members and $20 for nonmembers. Preregistration is required and can be done online.
- What: “Chamber Connect” luncheon featuring Derek Miller of WTC Utah.
- When: Wednesday, Aug. 16. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. and the program begins at noon.
- Where: Hilton Garden Inn, 1731 S. Convention Center Drive, St. George.
- Details: $15 for chamber members, $20 for nonmembers. You must register early by clicking here.