ST. GEORGE — Get a glimpse of the Old West as the Silver Reef Museum hosts “Wild West Day” Saturday, complete with bank robbery reenactment and a look at the guns of the 1870s.
Wild West Day will begin at “high noon” in front of the Wells Fargo Express Stop building, which houses the Silver Reef Museum and is located at 1903 Wells Fargo Road in the Silver Reef area of Leeds.
The Lawmen and Muddy River Gang, a group of western reenactors who are passionate about the Old West will stage a bank robbery and shootout.
Following the shootout, Gary Dixon, a firearms instructor and Silver Reef Museum guide, will give a presentation on “Guns of the 1870s” in the old Cosmopolitan building located next door to the Silver Reef Museum.
According to a press release from the event, the guns that are said to have won the West were primarily produced in the 1870s.
Dixon will showcase his private gun collection and explain the details of each piece and their place in the Old West.
- What: “Wild West Days,” to include Wells Fargo Bank robbery reenactment and “Guns of the 1870s” lecture.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 8, noon.
- Where: Silver Reef Musuem, 1903 Wells Fargo Road, Leeds.
- Cost: Suggested donation of $3.
- RSVP: Call 435-879-2254 | Email Museum@SilverReef.org | Register online at http://tinyurl.com/Guns0f1870s.
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2016, all rights reserved.