ST. GEORGE — From the Olde World Historical Council — creators of the “Dickens’ Christmas Festival” — comes a new, two-day festival event for the whole family.
Held in conjunction with the St. George Lion’s Club “Dixie Roundup Rodeo,” “Round-Up Days” is set to take place Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Vernon Worthen Park, 300 S. 400 East in St. George.
“We just wanted to bring something to the community during the rodeo,” festival director Brittany Dell said.
“Round-Up Days” will have a little something for everyone, Dell said, arts and crafts vendors, live entertainment, games and more.
Some of the fun will include a climbing wall, mechanical bull, a zip line, bounce houses, olde-time photographs and a “sawdust scramble” in which toys and prizes will be hidden in a pile of sawdust for children to dig in and uncover.
Opportunities to win fun prizes will abound during the festival, Dell said, with cash prizes being given out on Friday from 10 a.m. to noon.
Other contests will include watermelon- and pie-eating competitions and a CrossFit throwdown.
On-stage entertainment will include performances by Trio dance studio, Brigham’s Playhouse, Dixie Arts Conservatory, Siva Pasefika and other community performance groups.
“Round-Up Days” is free to attend, though some activities and vendors do charge.
Organizers hope to make this an annual event for the community to come out and enjoy a fun day at the park, Dell said.
- What: “Round-Up Days”
- When: Friday-Saturday, Sept. 18-19, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Vernon Worthen Park, 300 S. 400 East, St. George
- Cost: Free, some activities/vendors charge
- “Round-Up Days” | website
- Barn dance kicks off new ‘St. George Round-Up Days’ celebration
- History, tradition at home in the Sunbowl; Dixie Roundup
- Dixie Roundup Rodeo tickets go on sale
- St. George Lions crown Dixie Roundup Rodeo Queen, Princess; STGnews Videocast
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.