WASHINGTON CITY — Grab your co-workers, friends and family for some sports-oriented competition, networking and community fun at the corporate sports challenge Friday at the Washington City Community Center to benefit The Learning Center for Families.
Register with your own teammates, up to seven per team, or register as a single and play on a networking team. Registration deadline is Wednesday.
Activities include dodge ball, kickball, water roller balls, climbing wall, volleyball, crazy cart relay, tug-o-war and more. The cost is $25 per person, and participants will receive breakfast, lunch, a t-shirt, a swag bag and one raffle ticket entry.
Raffle prizes include a 2-hour hot air balloon ride for up to six people donated by The Neal Group at Merrill Lynch. Each participant on the winning team will receive five extra entries per person for the balloon ride prize, but everyone has a chance to win.
- 8 a.m. | Registration and breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. | Games begin
- Noon | Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. | Awards and prize drawings
All fitness and skill levels welcome. Each team of seven must include at least one male and one female. All participants must be 18 years or older and have athletic shoes. Sign the Washington City Community Center waiver at the event.
All proceeds benefit The Learning Center for Families which helps over 500 vulnerable infants and toddlers every week throughout Washington County and along the Arizona Strip.
- What: 2015 Play it Forward corporate sports challenge
- When: Friday, Aug. 14, 8 a.m.
- Where: Washington City Community Center, located at 350 Community Center Drive, Washington City
- Cost: $25 per person
- Register by Wednesday, Aug. 12
- The Learning Center for Families website
- Contact: Janie Belliston at 435-673-5353 ext. 139 or by email
- Police arrest man for selling, recycling 435 lbs of stolen business signs
- Cure for modern plague: combating, controlling Type 2 diabetes
- Thunder tabbed as top team; Dixie’s Tre Miller is preseason MVP