HURRICANE – A 15-year-old boy who reportedly went missing in Hurricane Wednesday evening has been located.
After asking for the public’s help in finding the missing juvenile Thursday afternoon, authorities were able to locate Thomas Schwab, of Hurricane, around 3:10 p.m. the same day.
Police said Schwab was located in an area very close to the place he was last seen.
Citizens in the area saw the missing teen and alerted officers to his location, the Hurricane City Police Department said Thursday afternoon.
“Thomas appears in good condition,” the department said. “We would like to thank all those who provided information to the Police Department.”
Police sought the public’s help when concern for the teen’s well-being grew. Before going missing, the teen allegedly made comments suggesting he may harm himself.
Multiple Hurricane City Police officers, along with Washington County Search and Rescue, were searching for Schwab before he was located.
- MISSING: 15-year-old Thomas Schwab
- Missing woman’s family offers $10,000 reward for information on disappearance
- UPDATE: 2 teens missing from Layton foster home found
- Body of missing Kanab man found in San Juan County
- Missing man found dead
- Search for missing St. George man is renewed almost 6 years later
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.