CEDAR CITY — The Cedar City Fire Department and Subway restaurants are teaming together for a safety event Saturday, 12:30 p.m., at the Life Safety House, 291 N. 800 West in Cedar City.
Children will participate in various safety-themed activities and learn proper techniques for staying safe while playing outdoors during the summer.
The event is part of the larger “Playin’ Safe” incentive program created to reward local youth for practicing safe habits while playing outdoors.
When participating law enforcement officers see local youth playing outdoors in a safe manner, such as wearing proper gear or using crosswalks at intersections, they may be rewarded with a “Playin’ Safe” cash card worth $5 and redeemable at any Utah Subway restaurant.
- What: Safety event by the Cedar City Fire Department and Subway restaurants
- When: Saturday, Aug. 1, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Where: Life Safety House, 291 N. 800 West, Cedar City
- Sandwiches for safety: Police Department rewards kids for safe play
- St. George Police participate in community program encouraging kids to ‘turn life on’
- No Filter: ‘Summer is for kids’; kids answer tough questions, can you?
- Don’t end your camping trip before it begins; trailer safety tips, STGnews Videocast
- Heat-related emergencies on rise in Zion National Park; heat safety tips