Man rescued from chimney after getting stuck trying to enter home; video footage

PHOENIX — Phoenix firefighters rescued a man who became stuck early Sunday morning after trying to re-enter a house through the chimney. The Phoenix Fire Department released to St. George News video of the dramatic rescue.

A man is covered in soot after being rescued from a chimney he became stuck in trying to re-enter a house, Phoenix, Arizona, June 5, 2015 | Photo courtesy of the Phoenix Fire Department, St. George News
A man is covered in soot after being rescued from a chimney he became stuck in trying to re-enter a house, Phoenix, Arizona, June 5, 2015 | Photo courtesy of the Phoenix Fire Department, St. George News

When the 23-year-old man’s friends locked him out of the house as a prank, the Fire Department said, the man thought he could get back inside through the chimney.

The Fire Department was called to the scene just before 3 a.m. Firefighters began drilling and chipping away at the chimney wall.

Approximately 30 minutes later, the man rose from the ashes as firefighters pulled the man out to safety.

The man, completely covered in soot, was transported to a nearby hospital in stable condition as a precaution, the department said.

This report is based on preliminary information provided by authorities and may not contain the full scope of findings.

Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery. 

Related posts

Email: kscott@stgnews.com

Twitter: @STGnews

Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Posted in NewsTagged , , , , , ,

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.