MESQUITE, Nev. — Eureka Casino Resort hosts “Rockets over the Red Mesa” Saturday at 4 p.m. with fireworks, food, vendors and music and a rock ‘n’ roll twist. The Nevada Pops orchestra will perform with a full 32-piece orchestra.
Vocalist Bruce Ewing from Las Vegas shows such as “The Phantom of the Opera” and “Forever Plaid,” will accompany the orchestra with rock ‘n’ roll classics from the ’50s, ’60s and ’70s.
“The Eureka Community Initiative is thrilled to yet again host this essential community celebration,” Eureka Casino President Greg Lee said. “Fire works on the Fourth are always fun, but having a live orchestra of the size and capability of the Nevada Pops accompany those fireworks is really a special way to celebrate this most patriotic of holidays.”
The schedule for the event is as follows:
- 4-8 p.m. | Smokehouse barbecue buffet in Town Square
- 6 p.m. | Community vendor village
- 8 p.m. | Live performance by the Nevada Pops orchestra
- 9 p.m. | Fireworks show
The orchestra will accompany the fireworks show to celebrate Independence Day in true American style. This is a family friendly event and everyone is invited to attend. Guests are encouraged to bring their own chairs to the viewing area, which will be set up behind the Eureka Casino Resort.
- What: “Rockets over the Red Mesa”
- When: Saturday, July 4, 4 p.m.
- Where: Eureka Casino Resort, 275 Mesa Boulevard, Mesquite
- Tickets: Free – some items will be available for purchase
- Nevada Pops orchestra Facebook
- Where to see fireworks this Fourth of July in Southern Utah – 2015
- “Rockets over the Red Mesa” with the Nevada POPS Orchestra on 4th of July at Eureka Casino in Mesquite – 2011