CEDAR CITY – The Cedar City Police Department announced late Wednesday evening that a candlelight vigil will be held at 9 p.m. for Thomas Christensen, a 19-year-old man killed Monday in a rock climbing incident in Iron County.
“The family has indicated the vigil will take place despite the possibility of inclement weather,” a press release from the Cedar City Police Department said.
Christensen died Monday evening after falling between 20-30 feet will rock climbing with friends near Cedar City.
The candlelight vigil will take place near the bridge on the Coal Creek walking trail, which is located approximately a half-mile east of Cedar City on state Route 14, the press release said.
- What: Candlelight vigil for Thomas Christensen
- When: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 | 9 p.m.
- Where: At the bridge near Coal Creek walking trail, about a half-mile east of Cedar City on state Route 14
- Police release name of 19-year-old who died while rock climbing
- Man falls to his death while rock climbing
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.