ST. GEORGE – The Space Between Theatre Company announces its spring 2015 production of the timeless classic “Romeo and Juliet” by William Shakespeare. The production will come to life at the Roene B. DiFiore Center for Arts and Education, 307 N. Main St. in St. George.
The DiFiore Center, housed in the historic home of Orville and Ruth Hafen, will not only house the play but will itself become a feature in the show, according to a press release from The Space Between. The theater group plans to insert elements of environmental theater into the production and, as a result, audience members should come to the show expecting to move throughout the surrounding gardens and yards as action and scenes unfold at different locations on the premises.
This classic tragedy, having survived centuries, tells the story of the infamous star-crossed lovers Romeo and Juliet and their warring families, the Capulets and the Montagues.
Through Shakespeare’s poetic words, audiences will be asked to examine the questions of what forces in life can overcome hatred and whether we can reconcile our differences before fate does it for us.
With this production, The Space Between Theatre Company plans to further involve the Washington County community by engaging in postshow talk-back discussions following each night’s performance. These talk-back sessions will allow the artists and audience members to converse with one another and share their thoughts, feelings and experiences about the production as a whole.
Lively discussions will be had, thoughts and voices will fill the air, and passions will be displayed, the press release said.
NOTE: The Space Between productions are not suitable for patrons under the age of 14.
- What: William Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet,” presented by The Space Between Theatre Company
- When: April 30-May 9 | Performances at 7:30 p.m. except on May 3, when the show will begin at 5 p.m.
- Where: Roene B. DiFiore Center for Arts and Education, 307 N. Main St. in St. George.
- Tickets: Adults and nonstudents: $12 presale, $15 at the door | Students with ID: $10 presale, $12 at the door
- Details: Purchase tickets online or at the door prior to performance
- Note: Not suitable for children under 14 | Seating is limited to 20 audience members per performance due to the intimate space and unique traveling structure of the production.
- Fired DSU professor faces charges in alleged assault case
- ‘Broadway in the Canyon’ actors arrive at Tuacahn
- Review: ‘Robin Hood, the Musical’ takes Hurricane on a merry journey; STGnews Videocast, Photo Gallery
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.