HURRICANE – The fifth annual Sand Hollow Marathon will take place Saturday. This year’s course will be a bit different from 2014, as the race will start and end at the Hurricane City Community Center, located at 63 S. 100 West in Hurricane, and will travel around Sand Hollow Reservoir.
The scenic Sand Hollow Marathon route covers 26.2 miles. Areas through which the marathon travels will be blocked to traffic during the race, so motorists should plan their routes accordingly if traveling through one of the impacted areas Saturday.
Volunteer opportunities for the marathon are still available, and details can be found here.
Anyone desiring to cheer on the runners is encouraged to do so at points along the race route.
There will be cash prizes for the male and female participants who finish in first, second and third places. There will also be an award for “best costume” for contestants desiring to dress up for the race.
- What: Fifth annual Sand Hollow Marathon
- When: Saturday, April 11 | Start time 7 a.m.
- Where: Begins and ends at Hurricane City Community Center, 63 S. 100 West, Hurricane
- Details: Sand Hollow Marathon website | Registration
- Sand Hollow Marathon videocast; 1st, 3rd finishers recall Boston bombing
- STGnews RUNdown: Every race in one place, Southern Utah upcoming events
- 2,180 racers participate in Zion Half Marathon; third consecutive title for men’s winner; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Hurricane teens keep water quality in check at Sand Hollow
- Crash, dehydration, water rescues; SAR teams train at Sand Hollow; STGnews Videocast, Photo Gallery
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.