ST. GEORGE – The Washington County Drug Task Force continues cracking down on drug-related crimes in Washington County, arresting another alleged methamphetamine dealer in St. George Wednesday on three counts of drug distribution.
The task force conducted a narcotics distribution investigation into Erica Lynne Crowson, of St. George, task force Detective Jim Jessop said in a probable cause statement supporting the arrest.
During the course of the three-month investigation, the task force conducted a controlled buy of methamphetamine on three separate occasions in St. George through the use of a confidential informant who purchased meth from Crowson, the statement said.
Crowson was arrested and booked into the Washington County Purgatory Correctional Facility.
She was charged with three second-degree felonies for drug distribution. Her bail for release pending trial stands at $30,000.
Persons arrested or charged are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law or as otherwise decided by a trier-of-fact.
- Drug-free zones: What, where are they? What is their purpose? STGnews Videocast
- Utah considers major criminal justice reform, reduced drug offense charges
- St. George sisters arrested for meth distribution, possession
- Task force nabs alleged heroin dealer
- Task force nabs man in possession of distributable amount of meth
- 2nd drug distribution arrest in a month for would-be shoplifter
- Arrest made in 6 alleged drug overdoses at DSU off-campus complex
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.