ST. GEORGE — Calvary Chapel St. George is welcoming all to attend its nondenominational Easter services at the Tuacahn Amphitheatre on April 5, one at 8 a.m. and another at 11 a.m.
Rick Nerud, pastor, said it will be a”time of worship that will combine traditional Easter Hymns with contemporary Christian songs that all ages and backgrounds will enjoy singing.”
A dynamic Easter message will be presented from the Bible centered around the theme “He is the God of the Living.”
Patrons can expect “a chance to respond to the Gospel message that will bring forgiveness, peace, hope and fulfillment into their lives that will enable them to leave singing, ‘It Is Well With My Soul,'” Nerud said.
The 8 a.m. service will be a traditional sunrise service, as the sun slowly moves across the Padre Canyon with the red rock bluffs on either side, warming the air and the people sitting in the 1,900-seat amphitheater.
“I truly enjoy seeing many friends from the community that come each year to enjoy this spectacular event together,” Nerud said. “The incredible beauty of the venue, with the sun rising, cool breeze, birds chirping … wow!”
The 11 a.m. service is a multifaceted service with all of the following happening at the same time:
- English speaking service at the amphitheater
- Spanish speaking service in the Hafen Auditorium
- Nursery care for infants to kindergarten age provided in the controlled environment of the dance studio with an identification wrist band system to ensure the safety of every child
- Children’s ministry for first through sixth grade children held in the mini-amphitheater and veranda area, with their own worship music, teaching from the Bible, crafts and snacks to keep them engaged
“I enjoy exercising the freedom to worship freely that many a man and woman has given sacrificially so that we might enjoy times like this in this amazing community of Southern Utah,” Nerud said. “I really enjoy seeing people connect with the truth of the Bible by simply teaching it verse by verse and letting the powerful Word of God tell us of His great love for us through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ!”
Transportation will be offered from the parking lot to the amphitheater for those with limited mobility.
- What: Easter Services
- When: Sunday, April 5, 8 a.m., 11 a.m.
- Where: Tuacahn Amphitheatre, 1100 Tuacahn Drive, Ivins, Utah
- Contact: 435-674-4955
- Calvary Easter website
- Calvary Church St. George website | Facebook
- Easter service brings crowds to Tuacahn – 2014
- Easter services invite celebration of Jesus risen – 2014
- LDS Church expresses support for LGBT nondiscrimination measures
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.